Monday, November 10, 2008

M'ney, m'ney, m'ney......MONEY!

Woo! I got paid today! Today, is my first pay-day here in Korea...and it feels great! It's not that I got paid alot or anything like that, but just to finally see the results of a hectic 2 weeks work is fantastic!
Last week was pretty cool, it was my first actual week of teaching and everything went well...except for the girl in my Kindergarten class who started cutting off her own hair, instead of the picture of Winnie the Pooh that she was supposed to cut out! Oh well, these things happen I guess! The main topic of discussion in the teachers lounge all week (amongst us foreign teachers) was the U.S Presidential election and the upcoming debut performance of one of my co-workers band! The Presidential Election later, but first... The name of the band is "Great Success" they have a group on Facebook if you want to know more about them! Friday came and everyone was excited for the weekend and of course the debut performance on Saturday night...but before I tell you about Saturday night let me go back to Friday night...

I was excited about it being the weekend but I wanted to take it handy on Friday night so as to be well thirsty for Saturday, so on my way home I stopped by a shop, picked up a few cans and was plannin' to chill out with some cans and a dvd for the night! My plans were goin' great until about mid-night when I get a call from one of my co-workers! The conversation went a little something like this:

Me: hello!
Caller: (lots of giggles and screaming something incoherent about spiders)
Me: hello??
Caller: Hey, do you want to come and drink some soju with us?
Me: ah, ya... sure why not! I wont stay long though!
Caller: cool, cause we are outside your apartment building waiting for you!
Me: ok, be there in 2 minutes!


So, out I go only to be met by 3 of my co-workers who had clearly been on the booze, haha! Lets just say one of them was wearing their pj's! So off we head to pick up some more soju and then back to one of my other co-workers apt. Then the drinking games start, before I know it, it's 4 a.m and i'm stumbling in the door of my place! It was a brilliantly random night, and one that i'm glad happened! If my fellow co-workers are reading this (you know who you are), let it be known that we should do it again sometime soon, haha!

Saturday... I was quite hungover! I had to go do some shopping before the gig that night so I got up at about 2! I was gettin' strange looks from people, but not because I was a "foreigner" but because I looked like somethin' the cat dragged in, then out, then back in again, and then took a number 1 and/or 2 on! It was awful!

Saturday evening was fast approaching and I had to get my ass into gear! Had a quick shower and a shave and then out the door for some dinner with the rest of us who were goin' to the concert! It was an awesome meal, but sadly I couldn't stomach much of it! After dinner, we went for some drinks at a local bar and then headed downtown to the gig!

The band were awesome! It truly was a "Great Success"! Congratulations on a great first show and hopefully, it won't be the last! Instead of trying to describe the gig, the venue, and the crowd, I will just ask you to check out the photos below!

For those of you who may be interested, the lad that works with me is the drummer!

After the gig, we went on to another bar called "Orgy Bar"... well thats not actually the name, but it's known as that amongst the "Western" population here! I don't have any pictures of the place, but next time I go there I will get some! It's a sight to behold! I eventually got home at half 4ish!?!

Sunday was hangover day, and what a hangover it was! I didn't do much else but download "The Dark Knight" and watch it with some Doritos and Coke! What an awesome film by the way! It's unreal! Definitely recommend it to anyone reading this who has not seen it! Fantastic!

Back to school today (Monday)! It was a grand day, nothing majorly exciting happened, but I did learn that one of my students plays the Ocarina!!! As in, "The Legend of Zelda", "Ocarina of Time" and all that! I know... I couldn't believe it either! I didn't even know it was a real instrument to be honest! She said she would bring it to school someday for me to see it! I'll take pictures!

The classroom names in my school are quite inspiring! They dont have names like: Room 1, 2, 3, etc. but instead have names like: Truth, Wisdom, Peace... it's class, and a great idea too! Felt I should mention that for some unknown reason!

I got a pleasant surprise today when I arrived at my desk to find some chocolates and a thank you note! You see, it's policy that when a teacher is off sick for a day or 2 that the rest of us have to cover their classes whenever we have a free slot in our timetable! I don't mind doing it at all! I mean, if you can't be there, you can't be there, don't worry about it! But ya, so the teacher that I subbed for bought everyone that covered for her a small box of chocolates! A fantastic gesture in my books! Thank you T.T!

I'm leaving the talk of the U.S election 'til last for 2 reasons; 1)I dunno why, and 2) Because the video below relates to the election of Barrack Obama and my views on it!

So, enjoy the video, and I will talk to you all soon! God Bless...

2 comments:

Gavin said...

If my fellow co-workers are reading this (you know who you are), let it be known that we should do it again sometime soon, haha!


subtle stack. subtle...

Unknown said...

what !!! no confederate flag during the video, that would have topped it off